Nominations for Annual Community Awards
Please submit a statement as to why a person or business should be selected for an award. Include as much detail as you can to assist the nomination committee.
Nominations are due to the Chamber office by Friday, October 7, 2019. Mail to 37 S. Main St., Rice Lake, WI 54868 or email to: email@example.com.
Awards will be presented at the Annual Banquet on November 7, 2019 to be held at Turtleback Golf and Conference Center.
Business of the Year Award
• Chamber Member • May have experienced recent physical expansion and jobs generating a positive impact on local economy. • May have demonstrated support of Chamber and/or community projects or activities. • May have impacted the quality of life in Rice Lake.
Citizen of the Year Award
• This category recognizes an individual that has made a noteworthy contribution and or outstanding service over a number of years to the community including areas such as education, health, fundraising, charitable, and voluntary services, business, sport, arts, the environment or any other are that contributes to the well-being of a community.
Innovation in Education
• This category recognizes individuals who could be a teacher, para professional, volunteer, coach, etc. who is truly making an impact in the education process by thinking outside the box, embracing new technology or methods, or just taking a new approach to solve an issue. Maybe it’s a noon playground aide who has a unique approach to increasing inclusion, someone who is using meditation in the classroom to help students reduce test anxiety, or a volunteer who is helping to improve reading scores.
Rising Star Achievement Award
• An individual that demonstrates enthusiasm and active involvement in Chamber/community activities.
• In recognition of a business that is 100 years old in our area.